Thursday, February 19, 2009

From Landscaping Guy to a Top Producing Sales Agent

So.... I figured out that I loved Landscaping, but long term I did not feel it was the best place for me. At that point in my life I had a mentor, his name was W.T. , he was a powerful impact in my young life. My father is a Great Guy and was and is a Great Guy, but he did not have any experience in sales. So I started to watch W.T..... turns out he was one of the Top Producers with a company that specializes in supplemental insurance for small businesses. One thing I want you to understand is that I am not going to mention the names or companies I have worked for. I do not want you to have a bad impression of them. Because the truth of the matter is that each company was a stepping stone and helped me to know what to do and what not to do...

So back to my sales mentor... W.T..... I learned alot from him... Unfortunately about 8 months after I got into the business he died with Cancer.. I look forward to seeing him again one day.

So here I am with this company selling supplemental insurance from door to door and I was going BROKE. I did this for 6 months... I said to myself there is got to be a better way.. and another problem was with this company was that the market was flooded with agents...

So... I went on the hunt to find another company... I DID! I found a company specializing in Hospital Insurance plans for Small Businesses and also sold Medicare Supplements....

My first 3 months with this company I made a few sales here and there... I actually had leads for the first time in my life.. They were old leads, but they were leads... I remember running appts and sales 60-90 miles away.. I made a few sales...

No comments:

Post a Comment